Monday, December 31, 2007

End of the Year

I love this time of year. Seriously. I love the whole starting-overness of January 1. I love reflecting on the year that was, and anticipating the year that will be. I love closing out my financial stuff from the year that's ending and seeing how we've done. I even love setting up our budget for the upcoming year. I love setting goals for the next year.

So, in the spirit of the end of the year, here's a list of things about the year that was and the year that will be.

Best things that happened in 2007:
  • Vacations with L - Arizona and Michigan and DC. Seeing how happy L was when he got to spend time with his brothers.
  • Trip to NY with my friend. Best of all, it was for work so it was free for us!
  • Tony Dungy won the SuperBowl. Ok, so there were some players involved, but I admire Dungy so much I'm just focused on him.
  • L's work moved offices and he's now about 5 minutes from home. This is good for our budget (less money spent on gas), and good for his mood now that he doesn't have to deal with the traffic hassles he had before.

Biggest disappointment of the year:

  • No success in getting pregnant. We're at two years + of trying.

What I wish I'd done differently in 2007:
  • I briefly had a good habit of exercise, but was ill for a week and never got back to it. I wish I hadn't given it up so easily because it just makes it that much harder to get started again. This could have also gone under biggest disappointment I guess, because I am disappointed in how little discipline I have when it comes to diet and exercise. I'm very disciplined in some areas so why I can't make the transfer and have the same discipline with my eating and exercise habits I don't know
  • Still haven't found a church home and kind of gave up trying. L just doesn't seem interested, but I really do want to start attending regularly again. Actually, I want to do more than attend, I want to belong somewhere.

What I'm most looking forward to in 2008:
  • The presidential election being over. Just have to make it to November...
  • We're planning on traveling west this May. South Dakota, Wyoming, and Colorado. Visit with some family and see some mountains. Awesome!

What I'm most NOT looking forward to in 2008:
  • The endless political ads & TV coverage of the election until November. And I'm not even in an early primary state so we haven't even had the ads some places have (I can't imagine being in Iowa or New Hampshire or South Carolina. Although I guess at least they have a chance to have input on who the rest of us will be choosing between in November. Our primary is so late that it will almost definitely be decided already by the time we would get a chance to vote. I REALLY hate the primary system we have. Actually I hate the electoral system too but that's another rant.)

1 comment:

Mrs. Taft said...

*hugs*!!! You and I share that particular "biggest disappointment of the year" although we haven't been trying as long. Here's hoping and praying it happens this year for both of us!