Friday, December 14, 2007

This Week in Books

Again, more accurately titled "favorite book of the week" since it's not about all the books I've finished.

Gary Chapman.
The Five Love Languages.

I hadn't read it, although my husband had a long time ago. We both took the quiz to see what our love languages are and it was very eye-opening for me. I "knew" that time together was his, but until he took the test and I saw his answers I hadn't realized just how *much* it is his language. Mine is acts of service, so I've been known to do things for him like I'd like him to do for me, all the while he's wanting me to come into the other room and sit on the couch with him. Since finishing the book I've been ignoring those other things and just spending time with him. So, the floor might not be swept after dinner, but he doesn't care. It's also been helpful because he hadn't realized how important acts of service are to me, so he's been much more aware of things he can do for me, which of course is *wonderful* for me. It's been a really helpful book!

(And since I have trouble remembering the five love languages, here they are: Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch)

No comments: