Monday, September 15, 2008

Making My Home a Haven Monday

It's been almost three months since I last made a special effort on a Monday to, as Crystal puts it, make my home a haven.

I find it fairly discouraging how quickly the house falls apart; even without children it seems like it goes from looking great to looking messy in the blink of an eye. I've struggled my entire life with being fairly messy and always wished I was a neat freak. I really don't know how people do it who manage to keep their homes always looking so nice.

That's all a long intro to explain how my house is looking today. The kitchen table is buried; there are two baskets of laundry that need to be put away (at least they are folded). The master bath needs some attention (and that's usually one room I do keep almost pristine).

And, I'm sorry to say, L asked me when I would be baking again because it's been so long since I made him any banana bread. As in, all summer long.

So today after I finish this post I'm going to go and put away the laundry. Then I'll clean the bathroom, and clean off that kitchen table. Sadly banana bread will have to wait for tomorrow but I will make him some then. If I have pineapple, I'll make him his favorite version that I found last year from Tammy's Recipes. I don't dare start it tonight because there's not enough time to get it made and out of the oven before I need to be in bed.

2 comments:

Alissa said...

I feel your pain. I am always telling my husband "when did a tornado come through our house." I find the simplest way to keep on top of things is to put something away as soon as I am done with it, but does it usually happen, NO.

Little Towhee said...

Hi Renee, this post sounds so familiar to me! I think I could've written it but not as eloquently as you did! I've linked you in a post at my site (hope you don't mind) and included the Corned Beef Casserole recipe.

Have a great day!
Emily