Friday, February 1, 2008

Thoughts on 31 Days of Praying for My Husband

  • I really found it helpful to have a specific prayer focus for my husband for each day.
  • Unfortunately I found it becoming almost routine some days - I'd create the post, send up a quick prayer and that would be it. The first week or so I felt like I integrated the specifics into my overall prayers.
  • I did really like having the daily prayer posted on my blog however - I've gotten into a bit of a habit of viewing my blog from work as I eat lunch. I never post anything, but I've used the time to review my week's memory verse and the day's prayer. That was very beneficial - I especially like the way it brings my focus back on God and His Word during the work day. 
  • It made me appreciate my husband in specific ways, as I reflected on him and his character.  
  • I found it expanded into helping me think of specific prayers for other people - friends and family. 

No comments: