Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Thankful Tuesday

  • The bathroom remodel is moving along. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is.....dusty. Very very dusty. I am going to have to do so much cleaning when this is done. But the vanity and counter top are in and they look great, the floor is tiled (not yet grouted) and it looks great. The downstairs bath has a new toilet, countertop, vanity, and fixtures and they look great. It's actually closest to being done; it only needs to be painted and have the mirror hung and light fixture swapped out. 

  • We're actually right on budget for the remodel work which is amazing to me, especially when I picked out a pricier floor tile than had been budgeted for. I've made up for it with some of my other choices though and it wasn't that much more. This is a very good thing because although we're doing a lot of work, we certainly don't have an endless amount of money and we'd budgeted pretty carefully to know what we could do. 

  • So far I have managed to avoid the plague that has struck down everyone else in this house for at least a couple of days. And I'm telling myself that the headache I've had for several days is due to the construction noise and excessive amounts of dust in our house, certainly not a sign that I might also soon succumb to the flu that everyone else had. 

No comments: