Thursday, July 10, 2008

Before and After Update #3


Huge progress made this week!

I thought we were going out of town Thursday afternoon, so I took a half day off of work. Instead we left Friday morning and, as much as I wanted to spend my half day lounging on the couch reading a book, instead I went to work on the wallpaper border.

Here's what I used:

Wall number one:

Wall number two:

Wall number three:

This is going to be no fun at all, I can tell:

Wall number four:

Ok, wall number four isn't done. I'm going to finish the other stuff and then move that furniture back so I can shift the desk into the middle of the room. It's not the most convenient way to do it, but it's simpler than trying to move everything out of the room.

Then Monday evening I spackled the three walls.

And on Tuesday evening I taped and painted. At least I did the cut-in painting, no rolling yet.

L wants to paint the baseboards because they're in really bad shape. I'll let him if he wants to but I'm not waiting on that to finish the walls.

I would also like to point out the big hole in the closet door. It's usually hidden behind a calendar. This is also courtesy of the previous owners. When we looked at the house they also had it hidden behind a calendar, so that was a surprise for us when we moved in. We do have a door from our remodel that we may be able to swap out with this damaged one, so that's a project for L someday.

I think I may make the deadline! Although there won't be much to report next time most likely since we'll be gone for 4 or 5 days in between there. I *hope* to get the walls fully painted and the bookcase moved back against the wall. Maybe I'll even get the desk area cleared and ready to move away from the wall.

To see the evolution of the project, read the first post, then update 1 and update 2.


Anonymous said...

You're doing great!

Renee said...

Thanks! Posting has been so motivating to work on this!