Monday, January 21, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Holiday version of Menu Plan Monday because that's right, I'm home today. Ok, so I had to take a PTO day to get the day off, but still. I am home and not at work. Woo-hoo to that!

Ahem. On to the menu plan.

Monday - Slow-cooker fajitas. yummmm. I'll be modifying the recipe I linked, because I'll saute the veggies separately. Or at least the peppers, because I hate how mushy peppers get in the slow cooker. If I'm really inspired, I'd like to make a pineapple upside-down cake, because I have buttermilk to use up. Oh, and because I love pineapple upside-down cake. I do not love maraschino cherries however so I leave those out.

Tuesday - Sundried tomato & bacon risotto.

Wednesday - Minestrone soup.

Thursday - Bayou stroganoff. The "bayou" means it's over rice, not noodles.

Friday - clean-out-the-fridge-'cause-I'm-not-cooking night.

Saturday - BLT pasta.

L was supposed to be gone this week, so I planned & shopped for meals I wasn't sure he'd like. Then his trip was canceled, so we'll see how he likes the risotto & pasta. I already know he's not crazy about stroganoff so that meal may have to be changed. Sigh. I love stroganoff.

No comments: