- I was at home when L discovered it. Apparently it was a slow leak that didn't become really noticeable until late Sunday afternoon.
- I was not at work, where I would have been wondering what to do.
- I was not at the seminar I attended Friday and Saturday, which would have been really inconvenient and honestly, it was not somewhere I'd want to hang around and wait for L to come rescue me.
- I was not driving through some of the sketchy neighborhoods I have to travel through on my way to/from work.
- It was in one of the two tires that were due to be replaced anyway.
- The tire place had the replacement tires in stock and available, and they had time to get them replaced Monday.
- I was able to just take Monday off from work which made it much easier dealing with getting back and forth to the tire place.
- Our little air compressor was able to fill the leaking tire enough for me to drive it to the tire place with no problem.
- The tire place now stocked non-Goodyear that worked for my car, unlike last time when we had to get $180 Goodyears. That's $180 per tire, which is why we only replaced the 2 and saved the other 2 for later. Much cheaper this time!
- Our car repair fund had enough in it to cover the expense, so no juggling the budget to fit this in.
- L dealt with calling the place, and going in to talk to them both while dropping the car off and picking it back up.
- The timing of it meant that I got to go to a weekday lunch with L on our way to pick the car back up.
- Since I had a little free time that afternoon (it was 2 by the time I was almost home) I went to a nail salon and got a pedicure. My rough heels needed some attention.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
I had a flat tire this weekend. And yes, I'm including this in my gratitude post because: