Friday, August 29, 2008

A Few Impossibilities

That it is almost September.

Of 2008.

That my parents are at retirement age.

That L and I have known each other for well over a decade.

That, based on how fast the last years have gone, I will be 40 in the blink of an eye.

That I'm this close to 40 and have the job I do.

That I still have never made pie crust from scratch.

Because I'm scared to try it.

Because what, the pie crust police will arrest me if I don't do well at it?

That I've been a homeowner for almost 5 years.

And that I still have yet to hang up almost anything on the walls. (Decorating paralysis. I think it's a real term. And I have it.)

That I really don't know the meaning of the word "few."

That I live in the Midwest.

And like it.

That L thinks I'm beautiful.

And sexy.

And tells me so all the time.

2 comments:

Debra Kaye said...

With God all things are possible!

Renee said...

You're absolutely right! I guess I should have called them "improbabilities," but they just all seem impossible to me.

Thanks for visiting!