Wednesday, August 20, 2008

State Fair

Once again, L and I have managed to not attend the State Fair. For as many years as I've been here and as easy it would be in many ways, we just haven't. This year I thought we might, because the weather was much nicer than last year's blazing heat. L's brother's visit was right in the middle of it though, and so it ended up not happening. Again.

I know, I could probably convince some friends to go with me if I really cared, but L keeps saying that we'll go together and make an outing of it.

Maybe next year.

But I'm not betting on it.

I am glad it's over in some ways though - my drive to work takes me past the fairgrounds and the extra traffic makes my commute that much worse; the morning drive in is usually ok (I go in much earlier than my teenaged self would have ever though possible), but the afternoon is crazy with people who don't really know where they're going or what they're doing.

Now it's back to just the regular commuters, which is bad enough, but at least there have been fewer people randomly stopping in the middle of the street; making sudden lane shifts across 4 lanes of traffic; and jaywalking in complete oblivion.

But the best part of the fair being over?

Fall is not that far away! I've almost survived another summer of heat and humidity.

No comments: