Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Consistency and Self-Discipline: Not My Strongpoints.

So I've learned that in order to blog regularly, I need to blog REGULARLY. Earthshattering, no? Seriously though, it seems like if I'm not making it a goal to post daily (at least on weekdays) it's waaaay too easy to just always say "ah, I'll write something tomorrow...." Lather, rinse, and repeat.

So, yeah, it's June. I've been doing a LOT of reading lately, which is fantastic. I've been doing a lot of baking too, so my husband and coworkers are appreciating that. I've halfway started an exercise program. I say "halfway" because right now it's more important to me to be consistent than it is to do my usual thing of exercising a lot for a day or two and then doing nothing for several months. So I do a little - very little - every day. And I do mean every single day. I've got a streak of about 3 weeks going. After this week I'll add a touch more to it, again with my goal to be consistent rather than lengthy. It can't be any less successful than my previous efforts.

And in my consistency over length attempts in more than just exercise, I'm going to close now and post tomorrow. The only exception is for computer issues/power outages/etc. Because we've lost power a number of times in the last few weeks due to the Midwest storms that are devastating the area. I'm not about to try and figure out a way to work around that if we have another outage.

But other than that? I'm back tomorrow since the entire point of me blogging was to develop a daily habit of writing. Sheesh, it's been a bad stretch for me.

No comments: