Friday, June 20, 2008

TGIF

You know, I don't usually feel like that - counting down the days until Friday hits and the weekend arrives. But this week has seemed very very long and I am happy to have the weekend here so I can get caught up on some important things. Like sleep.

See, I haven't been sleeping well this week. I've gotten to bed on time (except for Tuesday night when I started reading a book and the next thing I knew it was an hour past my bedtime). I fall asleep fairly easily; it's just that I then wake up. And wake up. And wake up again and again until finally I'm almost glad when it's time to get up for real because the little snippets of sleep just aren't working for me.

It's not that odd for me to not sleep well, but about 99% of the time the problem is with the falling asleep part; once I'm out I usually stay that way until morning. I don't know what to do about this but I'd like it to stop so I can get some real rest.

It's not an excess of caffeine; I have a big cup of tea in the morning and then that's it (well, except for some chocolate but that's nothing new). I don't think I'm excessively stressed. I really have no idea what the deal is, but I'm ready for it to stop now.

No comments: