Saturday, February 28, 2009

Weekly Menu Plan



Sunday - Vegetable beef soup in the slow cooker. Probably something like this, although I doubt I'll follow that recipe exactly. But I know it'll have tomatoes, carrots, and potatoes in it because I love all of those in soup. And it'll definitely have chunks of beef rather than ground beef because I vastly prefer it that way. Unless it's chili, in which case ground is the way to go as far as I'm concerned. I also plan to serve it with homemade bread, because, well, YUMMM!

Monday - Red beans and rice. L has been craving it. Although truthfully, we could have it every other week and he'd probably still be craving it. This is absolutely one of his favorite meals.

Tuesday - Farmhouse chicken. I'll modify it to our tastes, but I'll start with that version.

Wednesday - Homemade pizza. I hope to make the crust Sunday and then freeze it, thawing it out again Wednesday. Both to save time on Wednesday, and to give it a try and see how it works. For future reference and thinking ahead to possibly start stocking my freezer for after the baby arrives.

Thursday - Black bean quesadillas since they got pushed off the menu last week.

Friday - Leftovers/sandwiches/scrounge.

No comments: