Friday, February 27, 2009

Week Twenty-Two

Slight vomiting issue Sunday night, brought about by me coughing enough to trigger my gag reflex. So much fun. L even commented "I just don't understand how coughing makes you throw up." Me neither, not really anyway, but whether or not I understand it, it happens.

Lots of movement this week, and by "lots" I mean occasional flutters and thumps and flips throughout the day. Nothing too strong, or for too long at any one time, but several times a day he lets me know he's in there and moving around. And that continues to thrill me beyond words.

I've actually had a fair amount of pain most of the week - enough so I spent a lot of time wondering if I should call the doctor or if it was just normal. So far I've assumed it's normal stuff and not called, but I do have a habit of not calling the doctor when I probably should. You'd think with 3 sisters-in-law who are nurses I'd feel like I could call one of them up and ask their thoughts, but I don't really have that kind of relationship with any of them.

I had a prenatal massage this afternoon however, so right now I'm feeling fantastic. It was just wonderful and I'd like to figure out a way to get there every week. That would require some super creative budgeting (such as eliminating our grocery budget entirely or something along those lines) so I think I'll have to go a little less frequently. I should be able to manage a couple more times between now & delivery and that will be great.

The highlight of the week (well, besides the massage which was a highlight for me personally of course) was that L felt him move last night for the first time! Only once, but still. He's been trying for a couple of weeks, hoping the baby will cooperate. He (the baby) is generally pretty active when I first lie down in bed at night, so L always comes with me and puts his hand on my belly hoping to feel some movements. Until last night, even if I was feeling things L couldn't, and I think he was feeling left out.

No comments: