Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Thankful Tuesday

  • That we're over our dreadful colds. Being able to breathe is a good thing.

  • That I'm doing so much better with the nausea and vomiting. Although it is still definitely not over yet, demonstrated by the fact that I threw up while driving home from work yesterday. Yes, in the car. While driving. No time to pull over. But! It was probably the best location of my whole commute (other than my neighborhood) for it to happen; not on the interstate, not on the other really busy road I drive most of the way. It was a small side street I take briefly to get to the busy road. It could have been so much worse than it was. That reminds me though that I need to restock the napkins I keep in the car for spills... I kinda used them all.

  • That I'm finally getting some energy back so I can hopefully get my house back in some sort of order. Eventually anyway, it'll take a little while. Yesterday I opened all the backlog of mail and made a stack of the items I need to actually do something with. Today I'll work on doing something with that stack.

  • That I had so much PTO stockpiled and have been able to use it as needed. I didn't expect to use so much of it the first half of the pregnancy, but at least it was available. And I should still be ok for the rest of the pregnancy, barring anything major.

  • That despite all of the above, the pregnancy itself seems to be doing fine and we're still anticipating a healthy baby in the summer. I don't take it for granted.

No comments: