Thursday, February 19, 2009

Random Thoughts on a Thursday

  • I would really like it if someone would make me this apple cake. It's got apples, so that makes it healthy, right? It's not even a difficult cake, but grating the apples is more work than I feel able to manage. Plus the whole clean-up thing. L's a great guy, but kitchen cleanup is done on his own schedule. Which usually means the weekend, and I hate seeing dirty dishes out for that long, so I always have to wash them before then. Maybe I'll have the energy to make it tomorrow night, because I could probably ignore the dishes until Saturday morning, and he might do them then.

  • I'm not the least bit hungry, but I'm craving Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch. I love that cereal, preservatives and other non-ideal ingredients and all.

  • I also love regular Cap'n Crunch. The advantage with the Peanut Butter version is L doesn't like it, so a box lasts longer than 2 days.

  • I do not love Choco Crunch. I pretty much hate all chocolate breakfast items, which seems odd considering how much I love chocolate generally.

  • I had to buy a new mouse the other day (computer mouse of course; I don't buy the other kind). I found a red one and it makes me happy whenever I see it. I was so happy it was the same price as the boring black/grey/white ones so I didn't have to debate whether the color was worth the extra cost. But no, I'm not sure why it pleases me so much to have it be in red. It also pleases me that the price was much less than their website shows. (And why the website doesn't show it in red I don't know.)

  • I always have great ideas for blog posts when I'm at work. By the time I'm home I can't remember them or think of anything to write. Either I need to start writing them down or emailing them to myself, or concede that maybe they're not that great anyway, and it's just that they seem that way in retrospect. Of course it might also have something to do with the fact that nowadays when I get home I'm TIRED and want nothing more than to crash on the couch; certainly not attempt to string words together in coherent fashion.

  • Hence the bulleted lists. I can maybe manage that. Paragraphs of text that all tie together in an intelligible way? Not so easy.

  • I actually tried to buy some clothes yesterday. It was a completely unsuccessful effort, though I hope to have more luck this weekend.

  • I finished a book yesterday that really really bothered me. It was just a poor book, and I'm annoyed at myself for finishing it and wasting my reading time on something that was so worthless. It wasn't uplifting, it wasn't edifying, it wasn't educational, and it wasn't entertaining. Generally I like my reading to hit on at least one of those categories. I've got to get pickier on what I'll read as my reading time will be drastically curtailed in the near future. I want to use it well! This review really gets at my issues with it, and I wish I hadn't bothere. I'm probably done with the series.

  • If I held this off to Friday I would probably try to justify including it in Jen's Seven Quick Takes. It doesn't seem worthy of that however. I'd have to lump the Cap'n Crunch comments all together though.

No comments: