So how's it going? A few impressions of the week:
I managed to almost throw up this morning while brushing my teeth. Because you know, brushing teeth is normally gag-inducing.
I also almost threw up when I:
- smelled the bathroom. Not that it's dirty or gross or anything, it just was still apparently a little much for me.
- smelled the kitchen trash. Which does need to be emptied, but honestly, it's not that bad. I mean, it's certainly been worse.
- stood up too quickly. Yeah, because that's so often a nausea-inducing move.
My brain cells are not responding to my requests for information or real thought. I think they're busy thinking "donotpukedonotpukedonotpuke." Hence the limited updates here; I've got lots of drafts started but most of them tend to be one or two sentences. And those sentences don't always make sense.
How on earth do women do it who have like, real jobs (as in, physically demanding) or lots of small children to take care of? Or all the other women of history who would either like to tell me to suck it up and quit being such a lazy whiner, because they had it much much harder. Or else perhaps they'd be kind and tell me to enjoy resting while I can.
I really have to admit (and I'm only doing so because as far as I know my boss does not read this blog) that I have been just about useless at work recently. I get maybe 2 hours of work in a day; the rest is spent:
- going back and forth to the bathroom because I have to pee seventy times just before lunch.
- thinking about what I could possibly eat that won't make me wretch.
- getting something to eat if I can think of something.
- zoning out in front of the computer.
- checking my email and answering any that don't require real thought or effort.
- talking with friends about how tired I am.
- staring at the clock wondering if it's too early for me to sneak out yet and go home.
And hey! My first doctor's visit in next week and we are VERY excited about that.