Saturday, November 22, 2008

Week Eight

As always, Pregnancy.org has images from week eight although they've done away with their direct links. Grrr. Baby Center has a graphic showing what the baby (embryo) looks like. And with less pictures but more text, is Baby Center again and of course Amalah.

For me? Week Eight wasn't too bad.

Which seems strange to say considering it was the first time that I threw up. And then threw up again. But it's only been the one day; other than that I was able to deal with the nausea. And I've had stretches of an hour or two here and there with no nausea whatsoever.

Food aversions seem to be not so bad either; last week I definitely had some strong preferences. This week, I still had preferences, but felt like I could handle seeing/thinking about other foods. My biggest food issue is that when I need to eat, I NEED TO EAT. NOW. IMMEDIATELY. I can't let my stomach get too empty or else I'm miserable.

Still have episodes of overwhelming tiredness, which I usually deal with by immediately sitting on the couch. Or possibly even lying down on the couch. If I'm at work, those episodes are handled by collapsing in my chair and staring blankly into space. No work is accomplished.

The doctor's visit was the highlight of the week, specifically the ultrasound. But telling the family was pretty great too. Everyone is very excited. I've still not told anyone at work besides two of my closest friends; I'm not sure how long I'll manage to hold out from telling there but I'm trying to wait until the 1st trimester is over at least.

One thing I've noticed is that I can't handle having pressure around my abdomen. As soon as I'm home I unbutton my pants, or put on elastic-waist pants which I then roll down so the band is around my hips not waist. I think I've gained about 2 pounds, and my clothes still fit ok, I just don't like feeling any sort of constriction around my middle.

I'm still having episodes of bre*st pain/tenderness, but I haven't noticed any change in size. This is good because I want to avoid dealing with buying new bras for as long as possible.

No comments: