Saturday, November 1, 2008

October Books

Joanne Dobson - The Maltese Manuscript

Karen Cushman - The Loud Silence of Francis Green

Alan Gordon - An Antic Disposition

Amanda Hesser - Cooking for Mr. Latte: A Food Lover's Courtship

Stephenie Meyer - The Host

Tasha Alexander - A Poisoned Season

Ross King - Brunelleschi's Dome: How a Renaissance Genius Reinvented Architecture

Wendy Kann - Casting with a Fragile Thread: A Story of Sisters and Africa

Julia Quinn - The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever

Kate Ellis - The Bone Garden

Julia Spencer-Fleming - I Shall Not Want

Margaret Frazer - A Play of Dux Moraud

Karin Fossum - Black Seconds
(Liked the feel of the setting, but was disappointed that I so easily figured out the "mystery." I never try to solve the mystery, so when I can I feel like it's much too simple.)

Maureen Ash - Death of a Squire

Sara Bongiorni - A Year without "Made in China"
(Wanted to like this one, but only finished it because I was out and this was the only thing I had to read. I was wishing that I'd brought another book along so I could have put this one aside without finishing it).

Kathy Lynn Emerson - Face Down Below the Banqueting House

Sue Grafton - S is for Silence

Sandra Parshall - The Heat of the Moon

Madeleine L'Engle - Two-Part Invention: The Story of a Marriage

Anna Apostolou - A Murder in Thebes

Haven Kimmel - Iodine
(Probably my biggest disappointment of the month - I love love love her nonfiction, but wasn't as fond of this one; maybe my hopes were too high?)

James H. Madison - Slinging Doughnuts for the Boys: An American Woman in World War II
(Really enjoyed this - I knew virtually nothing about Red Cross girls in WW2 before this and liked reading the story of one of the women who served oversees.)

Jennifer 8. Lee - The Fortune Cookie Chronicles: Adventures in the World of Chinese Food
(maybe my favorite book of the month - it was GREAT!)

Janice Hudson - Trauma Junkie: Memoirs of an Emergency Flight Nurse

Anna Myers - Graveyard Girl

Jan Burke - Sweet Dreams, Irene

No comments: