Wednesday, December 31, 2008

December Books

Jeanne M. Dans - Indigo Christmas

Holly Roberts - Your Vegetarian Pregnancy: A Month-by-Month Guide to Health and Nutrition
(no, I'm not a vegetarian. Just looking for ideas on how to get more protein into my diet)

Mercedes Lackey and Roberta Gellis - And Less Than Kind
(wish I'd noticed that this was the 4th in a series and not read it first, although considering the subject matter it didn't entirely matter)

Mary Hunt - The Financially Confident Woman

Stuart MacBride - Cold Granite

Tom Vanderbilt - Traffic: Why We Drive the Way We Do (and What It Says About Us)
(This was so interesting! Never would have picked it up if Catherine hadn't praised it but I'm so glad I did.)

Sarah A. Hoyt - Heart of Light

Dervla Murphy - Full Tilt: Ireland to India with a Bicycle

Debra Ginsberg - Blind Submission

Kate Clifford Larson - The Assassin's Accomplice: Mary Surratt and the Plot to Kill Abraham Lincoln

Tanya Huff - Sing the Four Quarters

Walter J Ciszek with Daniel L Flaherty - With God in Russia

Jean Ferris - Much Ado about Grubstake
(Liked some of her other books much more.)

Dayton Duncan and Ken Burns - Horatio's Drive: America's First Road Trip

Donita K Paul - Dragonspell

Malcolm Gladwell - Outliers: The Story of Success
(Another one that I found completely fascinating.)

Tracy Groot - Stones of My Accusers

Harvey Karp - The Happiest Baby on the Block: The New Way to Calm Crying and Help Your Baby Sleep Longer

Li Cunxin - Mao's Last Dancer: The Amazing Story of a Poor Chinese Boy Who Became an International Star

Anthony Bourdain - Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly

Nancy Moses - Lost in the Museum: Buried Treasures and the Stories They Tell
(I really wanted to like this but was quite disappointed in it.)

Patricia T. O'Conner - Words Fail Me: What Everyone Who Writes Should Know About Writing
(I have no plans to write a book, so why do books on writing fascinate me so much?)

Gary Paulsen - Winterdance: The Fine Madness of Running the Iditarod

Trish Ryan - He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not: A Memoir of Finding Faith, Hope, and Happily Ever After
And if I were to ever write a book, I don't think I could ever be this honest. I mean, I can't even blog without doing so semi-anonymously.

Joyce Penner - What to Pray When You’re Expecting

Laurie Colwin - Home Cooking: A Writer in the Kitchen

David Howarth - We Die Alone: A WWII Epic of Escape and Endurance

Steven Gilbar - Chicken a la King and the Buffalo Wing: Food Names and the People and Places that Inspired Them

Frances DeBra Brown - An Army in Skirts: This is Our War Too!

Susanna Kaysen - Girl, Interrupted

Sharon Hanby-Robie - A Simple Christmas: A Faith-Filled Guide to a Meaningful and Stress-Free Christmas

Jan Burke - Eighteen
(Generally, I don't like short stories. Jan Burke is one of the very few exceptions.)

Beth Lisick - Helping Me Help Myself

No comments: