Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Thankful Tuesdays

I know, it's more common to have Thankful Thursdays, but Tuesdays are my least favorite day of the week so I tend to easily fall into a grumpy attitude. What better way to combat the lousy attitude than to focus on the many things I have to be thankful for, instead of wallowing in a funk rehashing all the ways that I hate Tuesdays.

  1. Tuesdays are my piano lesson, which I enjoy and am very grateful that I've been able to fit the expense into our budget. It's a splurge for me, and I appreciate the opportunity it's giving me. It is the highlight of my day, and I’m glad it’s after work so I automatically seem to be happier when I’m home.


  2. I've got plans to go out to lunch with a friend tomorrow which is always fun. And it's fodder for our joint restaurant-review blog. I think we’ve figured out where we’re going to go, which honestly is unusual for us. Typically we’re driving out of the parking lot saying “so, where do you want to go?” We usually go out once a week, and try to hit lots of different places in town. Our work is not located near any restaurants, so almost anything is a drive & takes awhile which is one of the reasons we limit it to only once a week.


  3. I found out about a great-sounding book today that I put on hold at the library. I'd say I can't wait except I obviously can - I suspended the hold for a few months because I have such a backlog of reading material. But this way I won't forget about it and when the suspension ends the book will automatically come my way & I'll be very excited about it!


  4. I love love love love love my iPod. Best gift ever. It makes some of my boring jobs at work so much less tedious. I get so much podcast listening done while I’m working away at tasks that require minimal mental effort. I would probably have lost my mind by now if I didn’t have it to distract me.

No comments: